Thursday, March 26, 2015

In defense of Mark Fox

A year ago, I thought it was time to part ways with Mark Fox.

It was nothing personal.  I don't know the man.  I shook hands with him once.  That's the extent of our relationship.

No, it had everything to do with my perception of the program.  I thought last year's team was good enough to get to the tournament, and they didn't get there.  The 2014 recruiting class was...non-existent.  There were 0 recruits signed.  Even though it looked like a strong team would be returning, I did not see a program on the rise.

The day Yante Maten and Osahen Iduwe committed to the G, my opinion started to change, and now that the season is complete I feel very differently.  Over the next few days, I want to defend that position and explain why I think Mark Fox has earned the right to keep building this program his way.  If you don't agree with me, I can't say I blame you.  It is not so clear as to be black and white.

There is healthy debate over whether or not Fox is the man to lead Georgia basketball to the next level.  I think he is.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment