Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Game card: Kentucky

Opponent: Kentucky
Mascot:  Wildcats
Primary color(s): Blue
Record:  21-0 (8-0)
Best player:  Karl-Anthony Towns?  There are a lot of choices.
Line:  Kentucky -19.5

Why Georgia will win:  They won't.  I hope you didn't come here to see me try to justify why Georgia has a chance in this game.  After scoring 50 points and shooting 22% against a pretty average South Carolina defense, Georgia heads into the belly of the beast still without their best player.  For the Bulldogs to have a chance at covering that mighty spread, Gaines and Frazier are going to have to be hot, and Maten is going to have to avoid foul trouble.  Kentucky is not a great offensive team, but Georgia may not even score 50 in this game.

Why Georgia will lose:  I suppose I have to write something here.  Even without a sick Trey Lyles, Kentucky will march out 7 McDonald's All-Americans.  They are almost impossible to score on in the paint, and they close out on shooters as well as anyone in the country.  In Stegeman Coliseum this would be a herculean task, but alas, this one is in Rupp.  To top it all off, Georgia has never beaten a #1 team before.

What I think will happen:  Does it sound like I'm despairing?  I'm despairing.  I was really anxious to see what a "healthy" Bulldog team could do in Rupp.  Instead, we may need to watch through squinting eyes.  Kentucky wins 71-49.

No comments:

Post a Comment