Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Roster Management

John Cannon is transferring:
“I have decided to transfer from the University of Georgia Basketball program to consider other opportunities to play basketball and get my degree,” Cannon said.  “I want to thank Georgia for the opportunity and support, especially my teammates who mean the world to me.  The timing for wanting my transfer allows me to get a head start on looking at the options that may be available. I want to wish everyone at Georgia the best, and I’m excited about the possibilities ahead.”
Best of luck to the young man.  I sincerely hope he finds some playing time wherever he ends up.

As for the impact to Georgia, here's what Mark Fox had to say:
“I’d like to wish John the best as he continues his career,” Fox said.  “I certainly understand his desire for more opportunities for playing time elsewhere.  We appreciate his contributions to the program over the past three years.”
What Mark Fox actually meant was, "This frees up another scholarship.  That means I have one to burn on a 2014 project big man and I can still go after the 2015 studs in the state of Georgia."

I wouldn't doubt this idea was planted in John's mind by someone on staff.  The head football coach at Alabama would be proud.

h/t www.georgiadogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment