Thursday, November 6, 2014

Tonight's exhibition

Fletcher Page does some good work in giving us a few things to watch for tonight.

He starts out talking about Charles Mann.  I've been tough on Charles and his jumper, but Fletcher hits the nail on the head when he talks about what needs the most work:
The former Milton High (Alpharetta) standout spent this offseason attacking the weaknesses in his game, particularly his assist-to-turnover ratio. Mann dished out 2.9 assists while committing 3.4 turnovers a game, a stat he says he wants to improve this season. 
“I’ve been watching film and tightening up on my ball handling skills,” Mann said. “I feel like I’m a much better player than last year and have improved my decision making as well.”
We'll find out soon enough if this is just happy offseason talk, but if he really has cleaned up that part of his game, look out.

Page also touches on my favorite offseason topic, the emergence of Yante Maten:
The early word is the 6-foot-8, 240-pounder has impressed with his ability to score in the paint and also to use teaching moments in a constructive manner.
Rumor is that Maten played well in the secret scrimmage against N.C. State.  I'm really looking forward to taking this kid out of the box tonight and seeing what he can do.

Go read the whole article, and I'll see you tonight in Athens.

h/t Fletcher Page

No comments:

Post a Comment