Monday, November 10, 2014

Is Kentucky beatable?

Spoiler alert:  I don't think Kentucky will lost a single game this year.

Turns out I'm not alone:
"Those guys are unreal," Georgetown coach Chris Briggs told reporters after the Wildcats dismantled the Tigers 121-52 at Rupp Arena. "I told the guys in the locker room, [the Wildcats] could have beaten some NBA teams tonight, there's no question in my mind."
Some NBA teams? Really?
"I knew they were good coming into this game, but sitting out there watching it on the sideline, honestly I don't see how they're going to get beat this year," said Briggs, whose team saw Kentucky shoot 64 percent from the field and record assists on 32 of its 46 baskets. "I don't like to say that, because I know people have off nights, and things can happen and this and that, and injuries and things like that, but if they play like they did tonight, they're an NBA playoff team."
Coach Calipari said in a later tweet that he believes any NBA team would bury his Wildcats, and I happen to agree with him.  That debate, however, is not pertinent.  The question is whether or not any college team can beat them.  My heart says, "Oh, God, I hope so," but my head says no.

h/t ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment