Thursday, April 17, 2014

Palmore a finalist

Stacey Palmore is one of 6 finalists for the Tennessee State head coaching job.

Palmore has taken a good deal of heat from the message board crowd.  Many of the recruiting woes have been laid on his shoulders.  If he were to jump ship and go to TSU, expect Fox to make recruiting the Southeast a huge plus on any resumes he looks at for Palmore's replacement.

That is, of course, a big if at the moment.  The real reason I posted this link is to point out this gem:

  • Dickey Nutt coached at Arkansas State before taking over at Southeast Missouri
That's right.  There is a Division 1 coach named Dickey Nutt.

The more you know.

h/t Catlin Bogard

2 comments:

  1. Dickey is Houston's brother, FWIW. I'm sure you knew that, but just thought I'd throw it out there. If memory serves, and without a quick wikipedia check, I'm pretty sure Houston himself coached some basketball in college early in his career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the wikipedia check, and he definitely played. In fact, his family has quite a bit of basketball pedigree. Thanks to your comment, I now know more about the Nutt family than I ever thought I would.

      Delete