Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Atlanta recruiting

Mark Fox is tired of getting out-recruited in Atlanta.  How do I know?  Look at some of his talking points on the spring speaking tour.  There's this:
“I’ve got two native Atlanta guys on my staff now,” Fox said. “I think it’s healthy to have some change.”
And this:
“We started five guys from metro Atlanta. So I think we’ve made a lot of progress there,” Fox said.
His message to kids in the metro Atlanta area is clear:  we want you at Georgia.

Will it translate into more immediate recruiting success?  I don't know.  I'm pretty happy with the 2014 class as is, but neither kid is from Georgia.  The 2015 state class is, as discussed ad nauseum, absolutely loaded, so it won't take long to find out if kids and coaches are buying what he's selling.

Also worth reading in the linked article:  a story about Osahen Iduwe drinking a bottle of Tabasco sauce like it's water.  I'm not sure the correlation between "ability to drink Tabasco sauce" and post defense, but I hope it's strong.

h/t Seth Emerson
d more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/05/20/3112358/yasir-yante-and-the-fire-eater.html#storylink=ore here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/05/20/3112358/yasir-yante-and-the-fire-eater.html#storylin

No comments:

Post a Comment